Sunday, October 17, 2010

Workshhop Update

Well I woke up this morning to find that the darling hobby horse I showed you yesterday was already sold! He will be on his way to New York this week! The first magazine rack has been primed and will be painted blue very soon. I couldn't find the shade Angela had suggested, but I got a neat looking blue. I also bought yellow for the other one. I think they are going to look awesome. We are also going to start painting some of our chalkboard frames in bright fun colors. We did a red one and got it listed today. We just have to find the right kind of vintage frames for the bright colored ones. I like this one a lot. We found 2 of these and did one red and the other silver.


I should be able to show you what we did with that old window soon too. We have been so busy trying to get things done and are finally making some progress.

Right now I need to finish up a couple of things and chill out for a while. I can't believe the weekend is gone and it's back to work tomorrow. Where did the weekend go? Have a great week and I'll chat with you soon.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Looks cute!! I love the bright funky colors just as much as the rustic ones! I started working this afternoon and just ran out of steam as quickly as I got going. Aubrey suggested I take the day off. He said I have gone from working 6 days a week to working 7 and he is right! So, I finished up what I had started - cleaning a bag of the TV trays (which are a dud) and giving my deer a second coat of paint and I came inside. We spent the day browsing at Lowe's, grocery shopping, eating (I made my first pumpkin pie) and watching DVDs. It was a good one and I will start again tomorrow and try to take the weekends off from now on - besides that is one of the reasons I wanted to work from home - so I could have weekends off with Aubrey :)

Teresa said...

that is awesome! congrats on the sale. I just signed up for an etsy shop but haven't posted anything yet. i have some "vintage" dolls I want to put up and some things that we cleaned out of our own garage. plus, i want to put some cards out there. would love to sell some to help with medical expenses. too bad i didn't think to go "vintage" shopping before now. you got some awesome things there.

Bluebell said...

Well done on the sale of the Hobby Horse he was beautiful, I love the star andI can't wait tosee the magazine racks painted. Do your feet ever touch the floor?
Love Jillx

jdavissquared said...

I agree, this weekend went way too fast! sigh.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fast sale! Your work is so inspiring!

Oklahoma Granny said...

I must have missed the post with the hobby horse. I'm going to check it out now.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Well, duh! I did see that post. I was just thinking hobby horse like a rocking horse. I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

Blog Archive